Sunday, June 15, 2008

Taper Time!

It is really strange to be tapering in June. There is just something wrong with that! Everyone else is jsut starting to really ramp up their training, and I am on the down-stroke. I cannot complain, however, as I am ready for a little slow down. I did my last big workouts this week, including a 2.7-mile swim on Monday and a three-hour bike ride today. I'm not gonna lie; I was pretty pooped after the ride. I need the big reduction in volume that this week will provide. Last week was a 13-hour training week, but this week will only be about 5 and a half!

I'm leaving for Coeur d'Alene on Thursday and will be returning home the following Wednesday. I am super pumped to have so many great people coming to Idaho to watch. It will be great to spend a few days relaxing after the race, too. I'm not sure what we'll be doing, but as I understand, it may involve beer! Next report will be after the race! Thanks for reading!

No comments: