Monday, August 25, 2008

Mmmm... food!

This is what I picked up at my CSA this week:

That's a lot of food for one person! The closer we get to the fall, the more food that is ready to eat. Earlier this summer (especially during the floods in May/June), our shares were pretty small, but the last couple of weeks have been quite bountiful!
I started with some sweet corn on Tuesday night. Some of the sweet corn has been better than others this year.
Next up was the eggplant on Thursday. I tried a cheesy eggplant casserole and some baked eggplant. Um, I'm not a big fan of eggplant.
Cam was here for dinner on Friday night. We made fish tacos (my favorite!) and apple crisp. That used the cabbage, onion, and half the apples. Cam came back on Sunday night for dinner again. We used some of the summer squash and zucchini in the pasta sauce, steamed some green beans, and had the rest of the sweet corn.
Today, I made pickles out of the cucumber and washed the lettuce for salads for the rest of the week.
I still have to figure out what to do with the other half a head of cabbage, all the tomatoes, the pepper, and the rest of the apples. More food comes tomorrow!

No comments: