Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Babies, Babies, and More Babies

I am in Vail, and loving every minute I get to spend with these great nieces of mine. I'm also really enjoying spending so much time with Steve and Tina (they may not feel the same way...they're probably ready to get rid of me!). For five weeks, I've been so excited to see these girls, and they haven't let me down! Actually when Steve and I first got home from getting me at the airport, I laid eyes on these little precious beings and promptly started to cry. They are so beautiful and cute and cuddly!

Steve and I went skiing yesterday. I think we rode every lift on the mountain. Steve did a great job of showing me some great runs. I got a workout for sure, just not the usual type that I am used to. Thankfully, my legs aren't sore and other than the altitude, I feel great. Steve volunteered to give my legs a thorough anaerobic workout on the slopes, but I declined, as Ironman training is rarely anaerobic, especially in this early stage of training.

My job as aunt/baby helper this week has been much easier than I thought it would be. Since Tina is an integral part of each feeding (she produces the food!), I've had the opportunity to get plenty of sleep. Their crying in the next room hasn't bothered my sleep at all! My shift is 6am to 9am. I get the little snuggle bunnies right when they awake, and then I give them breakfast. We take our time getting into the swing of the day while Tina gets a couple more hours of sleep or just time to herself. They just want to cuddle and be cute first thing in the morning.

I've had the opportunity to change a couple poopie diapers, give LOTS of bottle, but mainly just love on these babies! Steve and Tina had a chance to go out for a pre-Valentine's Day dinner last night. Sophie and Lauren and I had a great time without them!

Steve and Tina's friends came over yesterday. They have 4 month old twins, a boy and a girl. I think S&T about had a heart attack (as did I) when we looked at the "little" boy twin. He weighed a whopping 18 pounds!! He looked more like a 18 month old. Needless to say, he's been put on a bit of diet since his doctor found out how big he is!

Only about 40 hours left with these little nuggets of goodness. I can't believe that I have to leave them! But, thank goodness for email and digital cameras, I can keep in touch!!

No comments: