Thursday, February 09, 2006

Leaving on a Jet Plane...

I've been packing my bags for my trip to Colorado. I have to be careful not to call it a "vacation" because it won't be. And, that's not what I want it to be either, truth be told. I'm looking forward to being a diaper-changer, a baby-feeder, bottle-preparer, a house-keeper, a dinner-maker - anything I can do to allow Tina and Steve some rest and make this fun, but tiring time for them a little eaiser. And as Steve told me in an email tonight: "Get some sleep before you come - none to be had here!"

Most of all, I just can't wait to see these little people. My mom says they have some pretty unique personalities. Lauren is a screamer, but only when she's wet, hungry, or being changed. Sophie is a noisy little girl, too, but only happy noises!

Training will be pretty non-existant from Sunday thru Thursday. I've been struggling with getting up for training this week. Everything is still going well, but my motivation is low. Having this break will be great for me mentally. I'll be ready to come back and hit it hard next weekend. I get back to Iowa on Thursday afternoon, and Friday Sparkle and I head to Minneapolis for some R&R with the girls. Roehr and I have already planned on a 8-mile run during the weekend.

Iowa weather has again reared it's ugly head. This morning it was 1 degree at 7am in Ames. So, rather than taking a run, I rode the Cannondale on the trainer for 45 minutes. I'm not planning any workout for tomorrow, beyond what I do teaching class tomorrow morning. I'm hoping to get 5-6 miles in on Saturday morning before I head to Des Moines to check out the DM Tri Club's Tri Expo. I'm not really sure what all will be happening there, but I'll let you know!

No comments: