Monday, July 06, 2009

Colorado Training Camp - Day Four

Every time I drive to Vail on I-70, I see the bike path that runs from Frisco to Vail, weaving back and forth under the interstate and over Vail Pass, and I think to myself, what kind of crazy person would ride their bike on that?? Well, today I found out that I am that kind of crazy person.


The sign at the trailhead
The view looking back towards Vail
The view at the top of Vail Pass (elev. 10,600 ft)
Heading back down the mountain
A VERY steep section near the Interstate - with the Runaway Truck Ramp in the background
The sign I was most looking forward to seeing on the ride home - the turn-off to Steve and Tina's house!

The Stats (at least the best that I can figure):
Distance: 60 miles
Time: 5 hours (!!)
Elevation Gain: 5500 ft.
Times I Got Lost: 2-3-ish...
Many thanks to my sister-in-law for letting me ride her road bike for the day. I'm thinking this wouldn't have been so much fun on a mountain bike!
Cam and my brother went out to hit some local trails and try to rip the legs off of each other. I'm not sure who "won," but each came home with evidence of a crash!

No comments: