Friday, July 03, 2009

Colorado Training Camp - Day One

2:59am (Iowa time): Wake up!

3:50am: On the road, my idea. I remembered our family trips to Colorado when I was a kid - we would be on the road VERY early and although that kinda sucked, it was great to be well into Nebraska when the sun was just coming up and crossing into Colorado before noon.

12:10pm (Colorado time): Join every resident of Denver on I-70 West. Traffic moves between 5-15mph for the next hour. It's a good thing the scenery was so great, otherwise it would have really been annoying. Drive through a torrential downpour in Summit County.

2:40pm: Arrive at Steve and Tina's house and get to spend a little time with Lauren and Sophie. It pours again.

4:30pm: Finally get a break in the weather. We head out for a little ride to stretch the legs and make me feel like a human again. We rode around Steve and Tina's neighborhood which is fun, but we are always either tearing down some hill or climbing back up some hill. Did I mention that Steve and Tina live on the side of a mountain??

7:45pm: Bathe and feed ourselves and get to bed early. Cam races 50 miles in Breckenridge tomorrow!

No comments: