Sunday, December 18, 2005

The End of the Christmas Parties

Even with all the going out and Christmas partying, I have kept myself firmly on track this weekend. I arose early on Friday morning and had a decent 6-mile run on the treadmill at work before I actually "went to work." What a blessing to be able to do that! It's pretty much one-stop-shopping for me when it comes to working and working out!

I only wish that the "Happy Hour" on Friday afternoon with Team Satisfied (and a couple representatives of Team Bad Monkey) had been just that: just an hour. But, as tends to happen with Team Satisfied, things got slightly out of hand. Good thing I jumped at the chance to get a ride home at 10pm, as Sparkle didn't jump at that chance and paid the price most of Saturday...

Although not feeling 100%, I did get an hour in on the bike. Still making my way through the vast collection of VHS movies that I collected over the years. If anyone has any laying around that aren't getting any use because you've switched to strictly DVD, send 'em my way. I've still got a lot of winter indoor training to go!! (By the way, this week's movies were "Days of Thunder" and the "Doors")

Saturday night it was back on the party wagon, this time to the shop Christmas party. This year, instead of just having a nice dinner out, we elected to add a sporting event to the evening! Bowling was the name of the game and the young "kids" got beat by the old guys 451-415. It was brutal. I'm just now getting over it. Actually, the gift exchange which followed was a more heated competition. But in the end, everyone went away with a lovely gift. Satisfied Sid joined us at the bowling alley, and although he didn't bowl, he did try to keep his "claw game" winning streak alive. It wasn't his night, though, and he went home empty handed (except for the NASCAR Uno game he won in the gift exchange).

As the rest of the party departed for the Moose Lodge for some post-party beverages, Sparkle and I did what everyone else REALLY wanted to be doing on their Saturday night - we went grgocery shopping. It's really amazing how few people there are in Hy-Vee at 11:30 on a Saturday night!

Since I didn't have a rest day this week, I took today off. I still managed to do a lot, but working out was not one of the activities. Instead, I baked cookies and wrapped Chrsitmas gifts. I am off to the final Christmas party of this year. My church group is going caroling for some shut-ins, then it's time for a few more cookies and treats... AND another gift exchange! I'll keep you posted...

1 comment:

Jeff Klein said...

Let's get down to business - did you get a road bike yet?