Friday, December 02, 2005

Priorities, Priorities

Either the day off helped or I was just imagining that I was very tired. Today's workouts went so much better than the ones from earlier in the week. There were some other circumstances that also changed, but they are out of my control, and I just have to learn how to accept those.

I love my job, because I can workout whenever I have a spare moment. I lifted weights at 3 seperate times today: before my classes, over lunch, and after my post-work run. Plus I did some strength training in my classes today. I haven't been as regular with the weights as I would like, so I am trying now to just fit it in anytime I have a chance.

The weather situation is not improving at all. This morning the windchill was below zero. I just can't bring myself to go in that. Since it is snowing again, I guess I'll still be inside for my bike ride and long run this weekend.

I have made a startling discovery: my body feels better when I eat the right foods! I have been really doing quite a good job on both the quality and quantity of foods that I have been eating. The biggest change that I have noticed is that I can't go more than a couple hours without nurishment. I can't really say that I have a problem with that, but it is hard to eat in the middle of fitness classes and personal training sessions.

I'm still kinda stressing about what kind of bike I'll be purchasing. That really needs to become a priority in the next few weeks. But then again, so does sleeping, stretching, eating well, strength training...

No comments: