Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Putting it in Writing

This weekend, I took a bit of time to copy my training program onto a calendar. It's one thing to read about what you should do. It's all still theory when you read it in someone else's book or magazine article. It's a whole new ballgame when you put it into your planner and come to recognize that you've got to fit upwards of 20 hours per week into an already busy schedule. There were only a couple times when I had the "Oh, $#!%" feeling. I can see easily how to get a 4 or 5 hour ride followed by an hour run into a Saturday, but when I realize that I have some serious training to do on, for instance, the weekend of my grandmother's 100th birthday celebration in July, that's when I start to get the shakes. I'm sure that I'd much rather be spending time with my whole family who will be trekking cross country to Chicago for the celebration, but I also know how supportive they'll be (and are!). Maybe I'll even talk some of them into riding with me!

3 comments:

roehr said...

No worries, buddy--we'll get through it!! If your schedule is something you can email, please kick it my way....otherwise I'll call you--would love to know how you structured your program. Hang in there and stay warm!!!

Jeff Klein said...

Where are we riding?? Aw, never mind. My sister probably won't let me go.

vardomom said...

Jeff can do whatever he wants. That's OK, as the older sister, I'll stay there and do ALL the work.