Saturday, November 26, 2005

Back to Business

I have finally thawed out from the Turkey Trot and have finally digested my Thanksgiving Day meal. Both took longer than expected, but I am almost back to normal and ready to get back at it. Tomorrow is supposed to be our last beautiful (read: warm) day of the year, so I decided to switch my running and cycling days around so I can get a good run outside tomorrow. That meant I was indoors riding on the bike trainer today. I rode for about 45 minutes while I watched the Iowa State football team lose their 3rd overtime game this season. Good grief! They are so close to being such a great team (finally) but there are just some little things they need to get done.

I will admit I've been a little slack on my strength training this week. And my stretching. So, tomorrow I am getting back on the wagon and getting back down to business. It is great to have these few vacation days from work, but it almost seems as though I am more disciplined when I am busier. So, hopefully, getting a little more structure in my days will overflow back into my training.

Roehr was in Ames for Thanksgiving, so Sparkle, Roehr and I met up for some beverages (of the adult variety) last night at O'Malley's then headed downtown to engage in the decathlon of bar games. We played nearly every game offered in Whiskey River, Sportsman's, and the Corner Pocket. Sunshine came out to join us at about the same time Roehr and I threw in the towel.

Although it's always great to see Roehr, this time she came bearing gifts! She had finally received the last part of my birthday gift: a Sub 17 shirt. The significance of the shirt is that Ironman competitions must be completed in under 17 hours, so for people such as ourselves, anything "sub 17" is our first goal for the race. It is a very cute style and I can't wait to wear it! She also brought a big bag full of other triathlon related goodies. Let's just say I look a LOT like all the other members of her Kraft Multisport Team.

No comments: