Monday, November 21, 2005

Fire, Fire!

Today's swim workout was 1600 yards - straight swim. I was doing very well, very comfortable, no problems. That is, until the fire alarm went off! Some little punk high schooler pulled the alarm and sent several little, old ladies outside soaking wet. I was smart enough to stall until the "all clear" sounded. We figured that if there really was a fire, we were probably in the right place.

I went to bed early last night. I managed to pull myself out of bed for an early morning run. I do so love watching the sun come up as I run! Tomorrow morning's workout is my second "quick transition" aka "brick" workout. Thirty minutes on the indoor bike trainer followed by a quick change and fifteen minute run. It's designed to start to get the legs used to running after being on the bike. That had traditionally been a tough transition for me... As the weeks go on, the bike and run segments will increase in duration, making the transition more and more taxing.

Tomorrow after work, I am headed to Des Moines to go get some new running shoes and some other gear at Fitness Sports. I'm ready to spend the free money I "won" on Saturday!

No comments: