Friday, November 11, 2005

Sleepless in Iowa

Today was a very interesting Friday. It was full of ups and downs. I won't get into the details, but let's just call it interesting.

Although the cold still will not let loose of my lungs, the really bad part is that is that I am still not getting very good sleep. I think that sleep along with lots of OJ and water will eventually take care of this thing once and for all.

I made it back in the pool again today. I was able to swim for about 35-40 minutes today, but I was a lot more tired than on Wednesday, so I only covered about 1300 yards. I think my swimming needs a lot of work. I say that I think only because I'm not totally sure exactly what it should be feeling like. You can only read so much about swimming - then it's all tweaking of technique. I think the tri-club is trying to set up a swimming clinic with one of the Iowa State swim coaches to get us some help.

Tomorrow NBC is showing the Ironman World Championships. I'm looking forward to watching it although the coverage is not typical to how TV generally covers sporting events. It's more like an "up-close and personal" look at the athletes and the event rather than the "sport" itself. Regardless, the emotion of the event is fully 90% of the allure of the IM. I am looking forward to watching it this year with the added knowledge that I'll be doing (nearly) the same thing in exactly 10 months from yesterday!

No comments: