Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Bilateral is Better

Snow has again returned to Iowa. It's been snowing for a couple of hours here and is supposed to all night. That's great, if I can hang out at home, but tomorrow I have a 3 hour drive to NE Iowa, to the small (REALLY small) town of Elma. When I went outside to pre-heat my truck this morning, I thought that anyone out running in this weather would have to be insane. I gladly accepted my 30 minutes on the treadmill this morning, rather than even consider going outside.

I had a good swim over lunch today. I worked the whole time on my bilateral breathing. It's really going well. That's saying a lot based on the fact that I never thought I'd actually get that accomplished. It has really helped me to slow down and (hopefully) become more efficient in my stroke.

I have also decided that I may need another day of rest. Today's workouts went fine, but I can see my heart rate slowly starting to creep back up, and I am just feeling a little run down. Tomorrow will be a day off and then I think I may shoot for another one on Monday.

No comments: