Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Domestic, Light and HOT!

Before I get to the training portion of this post, I wanted to share some photos from this weekend's concert: Dierks Bentley in Waterloo. Steve and Tina helped get Meet & Greet passes for Sparkle and I before the show:


The other people in the Meet & Greet were a little jealous because he actually spent some time talking to me, rather than the quickie photo and quickie autograph. It took Dierks a second after I introduced myself to figure out who I was and why I was there. I didn't really have anything in mind for him to sign, so Sparkle suggested I take a picture of S&T's dog, Cooper, because Dierks has walked Cooper and knows him well.

He looked a little tired and run down when he came into the room, told me that this was their 41st show in 45 days! I think he was a little homesick for something familiar because his eyes lit up when he realized who Cooper was and who I was. He said he wished he had known that we were coming; he would have had me get his email address and he would have met up with us before the show to hang out. Oh well, there is always next time!


The concert was great (although I do notice that I am getting older...)! McElroy Auditorium / Barn is not the world's greatest concert venue, but if you are on the floor the sound is just fine. Dierks seemed to have a special place in his heart for Iowa. Hopefully he'll be back soon...

And now back to the regularly scheduled blah-blah-blah:

Two very exciting things happened to me today: First, I went swimming for the first time in a VERY long time and things went well. Second, after I ran tonight, I was stretching and I was actually able to reach my toes for the first time in a VERY long time! While these may seem pretty minor to all my loyal readers, let me assure you, I am pretty fired up about it! Actually, besides sleeping pretty poorly last night due to an annoying cough, I had a pretty good day. I am glad to see some of the results of all the stretching I've been doing. I don't usually set a very good example for my clients, but it has just become habit now for me. I don't even think about skipping it, I just automatically stretch for 10-15 minutes whenever I am done with a workout.

I swam for about 30 minutes today. I was a little disappointed when I was done, though, because I only swam about 1200 yards. That was about 600 yards short of what I had planned to do, but I had an appointment and had to get out of the water before I was through. I forgot how fast time flies when you are in the pool.

Things are going well: my hamstring seems a little better, I think the cross-training has a lot to do with that; I am enjoying getting back in the weight room (for me instead of someone else's workout); my diet is pretty good so far, it's helped that I've been able to eat at home a lot more rather than eating out all the time; and as soon as I kick this cold, I should be groovy!

1 comment:

roehr said...

A) It's awesome that you and Sparky got to meet Dierks--very very cool!!! Glad you guys had a good time--thanks for posting the pics...

B) Glad ol' hammy is doing better--that's huge in the grand scheme of things.

C) Can't believe your first time in the pool in that long went that well...I get bitter quickly with all of you natural swimmer types...

D) Not sure if it's possible to catch a cold through a blog, but I've got one, too...

E) The IM gang here says hi...