Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Winter Wonderland

Winter has arrived in Iowa. Yuck. It rained, then sleeted, then snowed all day yesterday, and then the wind picked up. It blew at 25-50mph all night long and we woke up to ice everywhere and bitter cold wind chills. Needless to say, I had to do my run inside on the treadmill tonight.

I went swimming again today, but only for about 25 minutes. I had to rush over to the pool in between clients, which meant that I had to run out to my truck with my hair still sorta wet. By the time I made it into my truck, my hair was like skinny sticks, frozen solid. Not a great idea for a girl getting over a cold!

My run tonight was great. My heart rate is way more in control and it actually felt easy to run 3 miles. I give some of the credit to the new CD I was listening to. Sparkle found the "Fall Out Boy" CD on sale at Target for me, and it is perfect to run to. Very upbeat and it rocks!

All that is on my plate for the rest of the week is a quick bike ride tomorrow morning followed by some strength training, then Friday is a rest day. Saturday is the Living History Farms run. I can only hope that the weather improves by then!!

No comments: