Thursday, October 20, 2005

The End of an Era

Today is my last day as a 20-something. It's been a little easier transition than I thought it would be... I have been working a ton since I got home - and some VERY early hours. I am pretty tempted to sleep in tomorrow and just take it easy, but I'm sure that I won't be able to sleep in. Bummer. My workouts have been a little random lately:

Monday - I ran 4 1/2 miles, but couldn't ever get my heart rate into a manageable range. Consequently, I did the last 2 miles just run-walk. I think I was just really low on gas. My diet kinda sucked on Sunday night and all day Monday.

Tuesday - I got on the elliptical trainer at work, but only lasted 20 minutes before giving up. I still had no go-juice and I wasn't about to push it, so I spent another 20 minutes stretching and called it a day.

Wednesday - I made it 30 low-level minutes on the elliptical trainer without any problem. Stretched for 15 minutes.

Today - I walked for 10 minutes on the treadmill, ran for 10 minutes, walked for 10 more, and ended with 10 good solid (FAST!!) minutes running - then 15 more minutes of stretching.

I am ready to start the next phase of my life as a 30 (GASP!) year old. I am very thankful to have a goal like this to help me cope with the trauma of it all!

No comments: