Thursday, October 27, 2005

Then Again... Don't We All?

Here I sit, in front of the computer, happy, in my indoor cycling clothes, still with a little bit of sweat on my forehead from the 30 minute spin I just completed on my new indoor bike trainer. I bought a Kurt Kinetic trainer (thanks for the help Mom/Dad and Curt/Dottie) and it works like a charm. The cats are pretty skeptical (and that's good because kitties and Kinetic trainers do NOT mix), so they just sat back and watched me work. I think I'll really like being able to ride all winter long without ever having to leave the house. I can watch the snow falling outside my door and still be in a tank and shorts. It may get a little crowded in here when Sparkle gets a trainer, too!

Actually, it just felt good to move, becasue I have taken the last 2 days off of working out all together. My voice is still shot and I am still pretty tired, but the workout felt great and I'll probably do something tomorrow morning again as well to ease myself back into the groove of working out.

My sister emailed me today asking if there was some special diet I would be doing during training. A timely question really because I am tempted to blame some of my fatigue and sickness at least partially on diet. For my training diet, my plan is to concentrate on eating more fruits and veggies (which will come as a surprise to anyone who watched me eat my way through childhood and adolescence) and work on eating more whole grains and less refined sugars. But that is only as a general rule... because thankfully, athletes need (at certain times) some sources of quick fuel, i.e. sugar). Basically, I just need to start eating better overall. But then again, don't we all???

No comments: