Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Forward Progress

I finally feel like I am doing something to start this train rolling towards Wisconsin. Last night I ran 3 miles with the group! I didn't feel 100%, but I wasn't a slacker either. It felt so good to be running again! It took me about a mile before I really felt like I was good and warmed-up, then I felt more comfortable about lengthening my stride and going after it a little bit. I was able to finish 3 miles feeling really good! The hammy is a little sore yet today, but all in all, I feel much better having run.

I also went an visited a chiropractor today. We took some x-rays and other tests and I go back tomorrow to see what can be done about my freaky back. He's a Palmer graduate and comes highly recommended from a lot of people, so we'll see how he works out. It's too bad that my Ironman friend/chiro works in Story City, otherwise I'd be there. But this guy I saw today seems pretty cool regardless.

In preparation for the Colorado trip (and with the help of an Amazon gift certificate a friend sent me) I bought a couple of training books online today. Hopefully they aren't full of the same stuff just puked back out in a different form. Roehr and I should have lots to read about on the trip.

Tonight I have a tri club meeting. My goal tonight is to try to start talking to people who may want to train together this winter, figure out what kind of bike trainer I want to get, and get some practical advice on how many tri's I should be thinking about doing next year. One of the great things that I love about my tri club is that it is full of people with all levels of experience. I think there are about 4 people in the club who did IM Wisconsin this year - most of them have done multiple IM's and are a wealth of info.

My training has been a little strange these last few days due to my schedule. Yesterday, I did 15 minutes on the elliptical (as a warm-up) then about 30 minutes of upper body strength work, with 15 minutes of stretching in between. Stretching has to be the new leaf that I turn over this year, even if it is the only thing I change about my training. I hearby vow to do at least 10 minutes of stretching per day from now til September 10, 2006! I ended yesterday with the 3 mile run with the group. Today is a rest day for me. Except for the stretching which I will do as soon as I am done blogging!

No comments: