Monday, October 24, 2005

Not There Yet

I thought that after an afternoon of holding the couch down and a good night's sleep, I would feel better about facing Monday morning. But, when the alarm went off, I did not have much get-up-and-go. The workout turned out to be okay, but I am already starting to realize how much I hate working out indoors. My next resolution is to start taking my runs back outdoors, even if the weather is less than cooperative. Once the time change takes place, I'll get (for a little while anyways) a little more sunlight earlier in the morning. I also need to get back in the weight room. My schedule has been so crazy lately that I haven't been making time to get that done.

My program research is going well, and I am starting to get a better grasp on exactly what I want to do. As one of the Carmichael Training System coaches told me last weekend, "It takes about 20 minutes to figure out the basic outline of how to set up a program, but hours and hours to actually get everything tied together."

I tried to go buy my new indoor trainer today, but Ronn said that he has another brand coming in on order tomorrow, and I need to try both of them out before I make my decision. That Ronn, he's so smart and always watching out for my best interest. He's been a great resource for me for years. He sold me my Raleigh road bike, which I love!! I think because he got me into a bike that is really perfect for me, I've enjoyed riding 110 times more than I could have with a mediocre bike. Plus, Ronn is very encouraging and we work well together.

I've developed a bit of a cough today, just a tickle in the back of my throat. I've been slamming OJ and water all day because I'm NOT getting sick again. Even though I had a bit of a rough weekend, I think I can pull through before this gets too out of hand.

1 comment:

roehr said...

Dude--if you get a program put together, kick it my way...haven't had much of a chance to do any work on mine since CO...go figure. Hope the 30's are treating you well so far....

the raccoon killer
(see--now I can even make fun of myself)