Thursday, October 06, 2005

X is for X-Ray

Another busy day... and I am tried. But I got a lot accomplished and I feel pretty good (although I will still probably go to bed around 9:30 tonite...). I did get my first adjustment at the chiropractor today. Good golly, I sounded like I was popping popcorn in my back and neck. The x-rays were pretty amazing. I have a pretty decent side-to-side curvature in my thoracic region and my neck is WAY out of place. All that time I've spend working on posture with the seniors is NOT paying off for me. But there is nothing like an x-ray to show you exactly how screwed up you are!But, there is just something about a good adjustment that makes me feel all good! Now all I have to do is figure out how I'm going to pay for all the wonderful care!

I did run again today, this time 3 miles on the treadmill. I didn't go very fast, but I still got it done and feel okay. And, I did my stretching for 15 minutes when I was done, plus I was trying to sneak some stretching in anywhere else that I could throughout the day.

My meeting last night with the tri club was very helpful. They had some good recommendations on training programs and bike trainers and lots of resources. Just the kinds of things I was looking for... And, as I suspected, the team will be behind me 100% the whole way!

No comments: