Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Black Toenail

I made it all summer long, through training for a 20K, 3 triathlons, and training for a half marathon without a black toenail. Then, my last race of the season rolls around and then it hits! At least sandal season is over!

Today was another 30 minute session on the eliptical trainer. Not as much as I'd like to be doing, but no pain in the hamstring... I did try to jog for about 15 steps today. Not a good idea. No change in the pain. I'll continue to try to be patient and keep icing and resting. Not gonna try running again for at least a week.

Spent some more time online today researching bikes. I'd like to ride a Cervelo Dual, and maybe a QR. It's hard to find a good selection of bikes in stores here in Iowa. Not exactly the triathlon hub of the nation. On my next visit to the Twin Cities or Chicago, that will have to be a priority.

1 comment:

roehr said...

Does Skunk River still have the used QR Tequilo?? Assuming you've checked that one out...

Also, can't believe you stood idly by while the little old ladies discussed IM...actually, I would've done the same thing, but still...what a punk!!

Finally...take it easy on that hamstring!! Lots of hiking in the near future...