Thursday, September 15, 2005

New Bike or Upgrade the Current Ride?

Tonight I went to my favorite local bike shop to look for some new toys. I rode a 2005 Cannondale Ironman 600. I've got to do a little more side-by-side comparison with my current bike. It's really tempting to get a new bike, but my financial situation may not allow for that, at least not right now. I'm fairly confident that an undertaking like this will not be cheap either way, but no one ever said triathlon was easy on the wallet. There is a very real possiblity that my current ride will just get a slightly less expensive upgrade. Unless all the extra work I've done this fall makes me rich!

I didn't do any running today. I wanted to give the hamstring a whole day off. It never felt really good today. Actually, I was pretty sore all over today. I think that I've been doing a lot more working out with my clients this week than I usually do. I must have done some of the plyometrics with the hockey team on Wednesday. I'm no personal trainer (oh, wait... yes I am!), but I'm pretty sure that plyometrics on a bad hamstring are a bad idea! I'll try to do better tomorrow.

I am starting to really look forward to being done with racing for this season. There are some smaller 5K and 10K's this fall that I will want to do. I guess it's all based on my hamstring.

No comments: