Friday, September 30, 2005

Cold, In More Ways Than One

Fall is starting to set in around Iowa. The farmers are harvesting and the talk is ALL about the weather - at least among the seniors I work with... That's ALL they talk about! But, anyway, the weather is getting cooler, I think we had our first frost yesterday. But not a "deep" frost - not enough to kill the @#$% mosquitos! I still haven't ventured back into the realm of running, but I think tomorrow may be the day. I volunteered to babysit a one year old tomorrow morning and his mom runs with him alot, so I may give that a try. If nothing else, it will give Payton and I a chance to get outside and get some fresh air. All that in hopes that he will take a long map sometime in the morning!

The "other" cold in my life is the never-say-die cold I've had for 4 days. I HATE being sick and I think I HATE it more than the average person because I get sick so rarely. I still managed to workout with the hockey team this morning (our last morning together - bummer...) and do about 20 more minutes on the elliptical trainer. I feel great after that, but not good, by any means. Probably the worst part of the whole deal is that I haven't felt good enough to even have a beer. Beers are about to become few and far between for this tri-chick and I need to load up while I can. Those of you who know me well know that me going without beer for any extended period is virtually unheard of, but that is the kind of rugged determination that I will be taking into this training! Granted, there will be some exceptions to the "no beer" rule (obviously), but I don't want to put all of my hard work to waste - even for some fine amber love straight from heaven!

On that note, I am headed out for some dinner with the rest of the XX-chromosome members of Team Satisfied and G$, and maybe even a beer.

No comments: