Thursday, September 22, 2005

Swimming Strategy

Things are looking up for me. All the soreness from Sunday is gone, my hamstring is feeling better, and the black toenail is not causing anymore problems in my day to day life - except it's still pretty ugly.

I hit the eliptical trainer for 35 pretty intense minutes this morning, followed by another 45 minutes of weight training. It really feels good to get back into the weight room. Generally, I take the summers off of strength training, just because I can't bear the thought of "wasting" a perfectly good summer day inside (unless I'm being paid to train someone). I like the challenge!

I started scoping out a plan for swimming. The pool situation in Ames is worse than horrible. There is really only one "public" pool and the hours are not my idea of convenient. The other option is to use the university pool. Technically, you need to be a student, faculty, or a family member of same to use the pools - and even then, the hours are equally crappy. I am not, I repeat, NOT going to give my money to the private club that just opened a lap pool in my neighborhood. I wouldn't be able to sleep at night, knowing that @#$%&! man is using my money for his existance. Plus, the pool is heated too warm for lap swimming. Or at least that is what I tell myself. I'm just going to have to get in the habit of swimming at the lunch hour. After the high school swim season is over, I can go to the early bird swim in the morning. That will work out best for me.

1 comment:

roehr said...

glad the hammy is feeling better...and hell yes, the coors brewery is part of the training plan...those 12 oz. curls come in handy for gatorade, water, etc., etc. along the way!!!

3 weeks and counting...