Thursday, September 29, 2005

Moons Over My Hammy

I slept for nearly 10 hours last night, which I think greatly contributed to the fact that I feel a little better today. I can't get 10 hours of sleep tonight, so my goal is quality, not quantity.

Today's exercise program consisted of little more than 30 minutes on the elliptical trainer. I didn't push myself at all - my heart rate topped out at 135bpm. It was actually kind of an interesting "ride." I was reading Sports Illustrated and listening to Candlebox (my workout CD of choice for years and years) and when I got off, I hardly remembered being on the machine at all. Blame it on the cold if you want, but it was just such an easy workout, I'm glad I took the time to do it, even if it wasn't the most beneficial to my fitness level. I did manage to sneak in a little working out with my clients. We all did a lot of lunges and squats today (one client did about 150 squats and I did them with her!).

My hamstring is feeling MUCH better. I am even thinking of running with my group on Saturday for their final run. I think I may be having massage on Sunday as well. The massage therapist is a trainer/instructor friend of mine who has worked on my hamstring in the past and should be able to do some stretching and sports massage techniques to get this hammy back in action!

No comments: