Wednesday, September 14, 2005

One Step at a Time

I left the house for this morning's run at about 7:45am. I was pretty suprised at how much cooler it was this morning, compared to yesterday. Temp in my truck said 52. Time to break out the long sleeves. Although I really enjoy running in the heat, my favorite time of year to run outside has to be the fall. Long-sleeve t-shirt and shorts can't be beat! I decided to try the neoprene sleeve that I used in previous years to support the gimpy hamstring. I think that my legs are a little smaller than in years past and I'm not sure that the sleeve really helped anything. Acutally, if anything I think that it may have hurt more than without. Regardless, I still ran right at 28 minutes for the three miles. Ice right after the run and two more time (so far) tonight.

I got an email from a friend (and member of the Ames Tri Club) who finished well at IM Wisconsin last weekend. He shared his biggest struggle: eating during the race. This has been a recurring theme in everything that I have read. Slowly, it's starting to sink in just what a commitment this will be. Not getting any more nervous, just getting more and more used to the idea.

1 comment:

roehr said...

take care of that hamstring, my friend...we're in this thing together!!! and yes, reality is setting in...